Sunday evening at West Branch High School, the football players, coaches, staff, and their families gathered for the end-of-season banquet to celebrate and recognize the wonderful accomplishments of the 2023 football season.
At the banquet, the football family shared a meal together, handed out awards, and recognized our incredible senior class.
Check out the player-voted team awards for both Varsity and Fresh/Soph squads.
Varsity Team Awards
- Team MVP (Chad Gates Memorial): Logan Wright
- Most Valuable Offensive Back (Wayne Rummells Memorial Award): Auron Marsh
- Most Valuable Receiver: Trenton Schutte
- Most Valuable Offensive Lineman (Larry “Lurch” Rummells Award): Max Lodge
- Most Valuable Defensive Lineman: Logan Wright
- Most Valuable Linebacker: Reese Trepanier
- Most Valuable Defensive Back: Cale Seydel
- Most Valuable Special Teams: Joe Hamann
- Most Valuable Scout Team: Ethan Miller, Dylan Schiele
- Most Versatile: Cale Seydel
- Bear Award: Jake Swisher, Bradyn Sexton
Fresh/Soph Team Awards
- Team MVP: Logan Christoffel
- Outstanding Offensive Back: Spencer Greene
- Outstanding Receiver: Lincoln Naber
- Outstanding Offensive Line: Bodee Morehead
- Outstanding Defensive Line: Jerricho Hobbs
- Outstanding Linebacker: Oliver Trepanier
- Outstanding Defensive Back: Griffin Seydel
- Outstanding Special Teams Player: Brandon Pedersen, McGavin Smith
- Outstanding Scout Team Player: Haydon Haines, Wesley Strong
- Best Team Player: Shay Kinsinger
- Most Improved Player: Maddux Rushton
- Coaches Appreciation Award: Xavyer Boone
Congratulations to all members of the team for their accomplishments during the 2023 season.
In addition, the captains for the 2024 season were announced: Tate Fantz, Dylan Schiele, Connor Rios, Cole Crosthwaite, and Ethan Miller.