Monday morning the Iowa High School Athletic Association released the schedules for the 2021 and 2022 football seasons for all classes across the state.
The schedule release comes on the heels of the association announcing the classifications and districts for the 2021 and 2022 seasons back in March. At that time, all teams knew their district opponents but had yet to know when those games would be played and did not know their non-district opponents.
The Bears will kick off their 2021 season against the Lisbon Lions in Lisbon on Friday, August 27th. The eight-game regular season will be concluded against Wilton at the Little Rose Bowl on October 15th.
The full varsity schedule:
- August 27: @ Lisbon Lions (Non-district, Class A)
- September 3: Columbus Catholic Sailors (Non-district, Class 1A)
- September 10: @ Maquoketa Valley Wildcats (Non-district, Class A)
- September 17: Louisa-Muscatine Falcons
- September 24: @ Mediapolis Bulldogs
- October 1: Durant Wildcats
- October 8: @ Regina Regals
- October 15: Wilton Beavers
As the state announced back in January, the Bears will have an eight-game regular season as opposed to the traditional nine-game season. The elimination of the ninth regular season game is to accommodate a larger playoff field which has been expanded from 16 to 32 teams.
Check out the full schedule in more detail on our Schedules page. Now that the Varsity schedules are known, school administrators and the coaching staff can begin to work on the Junior Varsity schedules.
Only four months until the season kicks off!